Thursday, August 12, 2010

Encouraging Words

Yesterday at the hospital was my last day working with Luis and he gave me some encouraging words to take with me. This whole nursing process has been overwhelming and stressful, which has lead me to doubt my abilities and hard work. But Luis reassured me that I will make a great nurse. He asked me to keep him updated on my nursing career because he wanted to hear some good news. It was so comforting to hear that he has complete faith in me and knows I am capable of being a great nurse someday. What I learned most from Luis is that a little friendliness goes a long way. Sometimes the way people are treated in a hospital is horrible. Nurses and techs have no respect for their patients and the people around them. But Luis relayed the message that a smile or small gesture can make someone’s day. Being a nurse is not only about the big things like giving shots and drawing blood. It’s about the atmosphere and attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment