Saturday, July 17, 2010

Here's to the beginning


This new blog is to start a new journey for my nursing career. A place to gather my thoughts, remember my experiences and create a timeline. Since I’ve started my volunteer work at Emanuel hospital, I’ve been inspired to start writing about the things I run into. I’ve been learning so much by just being in the ER and I am so grateful for the opportunity.
I went into the hospital today and shadowed Sarina. Sarina is an amazing tech who goes above and beyond her job. She is married with two kids and is going back to school to better her career. She just lets me follow her around and answers any questions I have. She definitely makes me feel comfortable and not like I am being bothersome. The day started out really slow, and in a blink of en eye picked up with every room being filled. But that is a typical day in the ER. Here’s to the beginning of a summer of volunteer work.

No comments:

Post a Comment