Monday, August 20, 2012

The Ultamate Update

Quite some time has passed since my last post. And a lot has happened that I don't even know where to begin. The past semester has been one of the toughest couple months of my life. The intensity of nursing school is beyond anything I can explain and the pressure of trying to be perfect can wear a person down little by little.

The last 4 weeks of my first semester of school I went MIA from all the finals projects. I had the worst chest pain and getting about 4-5 hours of sleep a night. With all the time and work put in, I unfortunately didn't make it past the finish line. I didn't pass one of my classes (med/surg) which was a huge shock and devastation to me. Because I didn't pass one of my classes I was forced to take a few months off and begin to retake the class in the fall.

People keep telling me "Everything happens for a reason" but why in the world would me failing a class happen for a reason? It has only caused me to worry about my future, has affected my health and mental status and caused me to doubt myself even more than before. The summer was major depressing as I missed my friends in cohort 8, but I'm still learning to except the changes ahead.

Now, summer break has officially ended and I am ready to get back in the swing of things. Today was my first day of school with my new cohort and I loved meeting everyone. This semester I will be at Saddleback Memorial Hospital in San Clemente. I will also be taking med/surg. So this semester will be a bit easier than the last. With trying to stay positive, I think it's going to be a good semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment