Friday, February 10, 2012

Foot Update

So last Thursday I had an appointment with my podiatrist and it went so well. He's a great "Dr." and was so helpful. After examining my foot, he took some x-rays and found that I have an accessory bone in my foot. It's basically an extra bone that has no purpose; it's just in the way. Because I have been running most of my life, he thinks the bone has shifted and is now pushing against my peroneal tendon. We did some physical therapy exercises to see if the bone would shift back into place, and so far, my foot has felt so much better. If it doesn't heal completely I will need to have a cortisol shot to reduce the pain. During my shift at the hospital my feet get extremely tired, and I'm hoping I can adjust to standing all day soon.

I have another check up next week to see if anything has changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment