Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Clinical Day #3

I wish I had some great stories to tell about my hospital experience, but there really isn't much to say. Plus, I probably wouldn't be able to talk about it anyway. But everything is going well in the hospital. The 12 hour days go by fast, which include the last two hours of debriefing with our instructor.

Every clinical day I get assigned to a nurse that I can follow, get bossed around or basically do whatever she wants me to do (in my limits of course). But I also get to choose a patient that I want to work with for the day and do my "nursing care plan" on. The nurisng care plan, in a nutshell, is assessing, diagnosing, and making recovery goals for the patient. They are rather difficult when I have yet to learn all of the medical jargon. I feel like I look up everything. What would I do without the Internet!?!?

They did keep me on my toes today, because I think I sat down twice. Once for lunch and once for charting on my patient. My feet were aching so bad, so thankfully I have an appointment with a podiatrist tomorrow. I'm hoping to get some sort of answer because my right foot has been giving me pain for quite some time now. I know it's serious because I haven't worn flip-flops in two months! I'm having some separation anxiety from my rainbows. It would be the worst news if the Dr. told me I couldn't wear flip-flops anymore. That is my biggest fear.

Day's are getting so tiring. It's 8:30pm and I am ready for bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment